Friday, September 16, 2011

How bad do you want a Yellow Card?

SUPERBAD!!!

actual picture when the yellow card
courtesy of my trusted ChaCharazzi iPhone

And the Emerald City Cat Fight Yellow and Red card continues its tradition.

If you remember last year's Cat fight... Weaver from Madman received a RED CARD and since then the word "WEAVERED" has been used if somebody gets a Red Card in a match.

History continues as 1 A/AA player received a yellow card and 1 A/AA player received a Red card. Derek from Seattle SuperBad was the proud recipient of this years yellow card. The current king of Penalty cards shared this story...
"Great match between Superbad and Namaste. 3rd game had just switched at 7-8 in favor of Namaste. A very tough call on the next play as Chris took a ball that looked like it was in front of his shoulder and made a hard dump through the middle. Up-ref called a throw on the play, debatable call but it is his interpretation I guess. Derek is understandably upset and "suggests" that the call was not a good one in a voice loud enough for folks, including the ref to hear. Out comes the yellow card. I would say this was a fair re-creation of my incident last year, even in the same playoff round I think, just without my extra flair with the net. ;-) A tough game overall that finished 16-14 for Namaste on another really tough "no-call" on what might have been a touch. Just adding to the drama of another hard-fought ECCF."
Now, how does Weaver know about this? Of course he was still involved!
MadMan was the officiating team for that match and Weaver was doing the score sheets. Way to still be involved Weaver!

Weaver also shared saying...
"I am more then willing to give full, detailed instructions and or personal training sessions on how to get red carded at any NAGVA event. Just ask the OH from the Liquid Explosion team, I gave him some pointers prior to bracket play! Also tried with Derek but he only managed a yellow. The funny thing is that when the card came out I thought for a second it was for me, then I realized I was only scoring, not playing!! ;-)"
And the list keeps growing! I wonder who gets another one next year! Haha!

We are still trying to get the details of the red card that was given to Paul of Vancouver Liquid Explosion, so stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Raja said...

Oh I thought that was Cassidy Lictman out there.